Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Taking Time Off From a Long Distance Running Routine Isn't Smart

About four weeks ago, I decided to give my legs/arms a break after a summer of swimming, biking, and/or running everyday but Monday. Every other day or so I have only been jogging 3 to 6 miles, sometimes skipping an extra day. Well, last night I set out to run 6 miles quite quickly (goal = 7 min 30 sec miles) and failed at it miserably. It is amazing how quickly one's endurance can slide! Well, I'll have to continue to take it easy for the winter OR start doing some more tempo and long distance runs. Mixing the two is not good. A part of me wants to really pull back on running and start to lift weights, I am sick of being thinner than a rail.

What is it with other people my age spending just about every dollar they make on things they do not need!!! I have gotten a few e-mails lately from friends (who do not make more than $100K/year), blowing their money on BMW's, wide-screen LCD TV's, boats, and vacations. One of my friends just got a bonus and decided to rush out and lease a BMW 5 series. He actually leased it!!! Crazy stuff. I thought this would end once people realized that the housing market is in trouble and those ARM's are going to re-set. It is great to live in the moment, but we all need at least some savings.

P.S. I am a little jealous about the BMW 5 Series...

1 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Dude, you totally should have gotten the Acura, then this whole car regret thing would be a non-issue.

BTW, nice catching up with you the other night. Glad to hear all is going well.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home